Define Capability Needs
Engage Users, Assess Value
MVP, MVCR, Deployment
Ent Services, DevSecOps
Metrics and Reporting
DBS in SWP
SWP Artifact Templates
How To Use This Site
Each page in this pathway presents a wealth of curated knowledge from acquisition policies, guides, templates, training, reports, websites, case studies, and other resources. It also provides a framework for functional experts and practitioners across DoD to contribute to the collective knowledge base. This site aggregates official DoD policies, guides, references, and more.
DoD and Service policy is indicated by a BLUE vertical line.
Directly quoted material is preceeded with a link to the Reference Source.
Reference Source: USD(A&S) Guidance
The following templates are based on best practices and lessons learned from current SWP programs and other agile software efforts. The templates, in combination with the guidance provided on this site, aim to provide guardrails to develop products that enable SWP flexibility. The templates may be tailored as needed to suit the needs of individual programs.
- Acquisition Decision Memorandum (ADM) Template
- Acquisition Strategy (AS) Template
- Application Programming Interfaces (API) Strategy Template
- Application Programming Interfaces (API) Template
- Capability Needs Statement (CNS) Template
- Software Initial Capabilities Document (SW-ICD) Template
- Cost Analysis Requirements Description (CARD) Template
- Cost and Software Data Reporting (CSDR) Template
- Test Strategy Template
- User Agreement Template
- Value Assessment Template
- SWP Semi-Annual Reporting Form
- SWP Program Registration Form