Software Acquisition Policy Change Log
How to use this site
Each page in this pathway presents a wealth of curated knowledge from acquisition policies, guides, templates, training, reports, websites, case studies, and other resources. It also provides a framework for functional experts and practitioners across DoD to contribute to the collective knowledge base. This site aggregates official DoD policies, guides, references, and more.
DoD and Service policy is indicated by a BLUE vertical line.
Directly quoted material is preceeded with a link to the Reference Source.
This page lists the major updates to the SWP Pathway pages:
- Substantive updates to the Value Assessment guidance
- Substantive updates to the Cost Estimation guidance
- Added ADM Guidance and link to ADM Template to Planning Phase and Execution Phase
- Added Oct webinar video and slides to SWP homepage
- Added “Why the SWP” and “Transitioning to the SWP” guidance to SWP homepage
- Added Software in NDAA page
- Added FAQs
- Added Interplay of SWP Elements graphic to Execution Phase
- Cleaned up information required tables on Planning Phase and Execution Phase to align with superset on Develop Strategies page
- Divided the Design and Enterprise Services page into three pages: Architecture and Interoperability; Cybersecurity; and Enterprise Services and DevSecOps
- Removed older DevSecOps videos
- Added Deployment Frequency guidance to MVP/MVCR page
- Added Modern Software Management Approaches to Baselines and Progress guidance to Develop Strategies page
- Clarified information required in tables on Develop Strategies page
- Updated the program registration and reporting guidance.
- Added Videos and slides from January and June webinars to SWP homepage
Jan 2020 – Launch of the Adaptive Acquisition Framework website, including the Software Acquisition Pathway.