Defense Business Systems (DBS)
Business System Categories (BCATs)
Requirements & Acquisition Roles
Capability Need ID Phase
Solution Analysis ATP
Solution Analysis Phase
Functional Requirements ATP
Functional Req and Acq Planning Phase
Acq, Test, and Deployment Phase
Capability Support ATP
Capability Support Phase
Cost & Funding
Test & Evaluation
Capability Implementation Plan
How to use this site
Each page in this pathway presents a wealth of curated knowledge from acquisition policies, guides, templates, training, reports, websites, case studies, and other resources. It also provides a framework for functional experts and practitioners across DoD to contribute to the collective knowledge base. This site aggregates official DoD policies, guides, references, and more.
DoD and Service policy is indicated by a BLUE vertical line.
Directly quoted material is preceeded with a link to the Reference Source.
- Chief Management Officer (CMO) Defense Business Council and Investment Management
- Business Systems Community of Practice (DoD CAC-required)
- Defense Business Systems Investment Management Guidance, DCMO, Jun 2018
- Business Enterprise Architecture, DoD CMO
- BCAC Process Definition Document, Clarifies aspects of DoDI 5000.75 by providing more in-depth descriptions of BCAC activities. This document is meant to be a continuous work in progress as BCAC best practices emerge from community discussion. (DoD CAC Required)
- BCAC CONOPs, Describes the background and purpose of developing a lifecycle process for business capabilities and systems. (DoD CAC required)